Friday 17 February 2012

Thank You Speech for Graduation


For me,
One of the best thing I ever done is
Giving the thank you speech on my graduation.


 Blue roses from my family


with my besties in University

Let me share my graduation thank you speech with everyone:

Members of the faculty, parents, guests, and graduates, 
I am honored to speak to you on this very important day.
 I’d like to thank the administration and faculty of University for their hard work and dedication on our behalf. I thank every one of you who has made this university what it is and every one of you who has supported me and my fellow students along the way. 
On a personal note, I would like to honor my parents in the audience who encouraged me and supported me and without whom this would not have been possible. 
Thanks Mom and Dad!

Let me start by saying that I am very proud to be addressing you today as the students of University of Greenwich for the last time. 
Congratulations! 
I guess that after the strain of final tests, credits and exams, 
not to mention the time-consuming graduation theses and its nerve-racking presentation, 
most of us were looking forward to this moment, 
when the studying is over, 
the degree is in your pocket and you are free to do what you like. 

But I want you to look around you and remember this moment. 
Look at your group-mates and your teachers, 
because from now on life will scatter us around the world, 
and most of us will meet only at alumni parties. 
Recall the best moments of studying that we shared.

Our first lectures in February, 
when we came so full of stories that the lecturers had difficulties silencing us up to start the lecture, 
and we tried hard to write it down with fingers stiff from a long idle vacation time. 
Remember our coffee breaks, 
when we gathered together and attended to prom dinner. 
Remember your favorite lecturers who made you feel a tiny spark of interest glowing inside you 
and managed to support this spark and helped us to discover who we are 
and what we'd like to do in the future. 
Remember everything and carve this moment in your memory.

Now, we are graduating and many of us will be starting at those entry-level jobs that will be the beginning of our careers and some of us will start graduate school,
 once again on the bottom rung of the ladder. 
But this time the opportunity exists for us to just keep climbing, 
like it is an endless ladder to heights we have never achieved before. 
And if it is that way, 
I urge you to make sure that you are on the ladder you truly want to be on. 
Remember that it is YOUR LIFE.

Carl Jung said, “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. 
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” 
So, today I remind you all to look into your hearts and be awake before you agree to a dream that is not your own.

Up to this point in many of our lives, 
most things have been decided for us.
From now on, it is up to us to choose. 
I say make a choice when you are fully awake, 
a choice that is informed by your heart
 and not by what others say 
or think or believe.

Our contribution to the world will not be measured by the money we make or the accolades we receive but rather by the way in which we share our unique gifts with the world. And the only place to find those gifts is within yourself.

Again, 
Thank you to all the teaching staff. 
Thank you to everyone here for your support on our journey together. 
I will always be a child of our neighbourhood, 
so please keep in touch!
For the future I would say get out there,
 keep learning and believe you can achieve. 
Your journey has just begun.

Best of Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment