Tuesday 24 April 2012

Titanic

My favourite movie


I remember that it was my standard 3 in primary school.
I was crazy over this movie.
My room was full of Titanic post cards, posters...
Everything I could have
key chains, cards, stationery...
were all Titanic...

I watched it over and over again.
and still crying when I watch...

I love this movie because
can see the differences between the poor and rich,
how the poor one enjoyed their life,

how the rich one dress up,



Pablo Picasso's paintings.

"You jump, I jump"

"I'm the king of the world"

The band continue to play as the ship went under,

an old couple embracing in bed as water pours into their cabin,

the third class passengers locked below the ship,
the mother sing lullaby for her children to calm them,

Captain Smith go into the bridge to await his fate.

Jack painted Roses


Not to mentioned about the love between
Jack and Rose.


Many people doubt the love of Rose to Jack,
if she really love Jack so much,
why she getting marry with others?
why she seems enjoying her life?
don't she sad and suffer for losing Jack?

Oh NO!!!
You're wrong...
Rose loves Jack.
very very much.

She getting marry, enjoyed her life is
because she loves Jack.

Weird??

Let us recall the part when Jack and Rose in the water.


"R: I love you, Jack.

J: No... don't say your goodbyes, Rose.
Don't you give up.
Don't do it.

R: I'm so cold.

J: You're going to get out of this..
You're going to go on and you're going to make babies
and watch them grow
and you're going to die an old lady,
warm in your bed.
Not here...
Not this night,
Do you understand me?

R: I can't feel my body.

J: Rose, listen to me. 
Winning that tickets was the best thing that ever happened to me.
It brought me to you.
and I'm thankful, Rose.
I'm thankful.
You must do me this honor...
Promise me you will survive..
that you will never give up..
no matter what happens...
no matter how hopeless..
promise me now,
and never let go of that promise.

R: I promise.



Jack: Never let go.

R: I promise.
I will never let go, Jack.
I'll never let go."



Rose is living her promise to Jack for her entire life.
make babies, watch them grow, 
die as an old lady,
on warm bed.

She did it.

Before she dies,
the images of Jack and people who died on Titanic came into her mind,


Jack is reminding her their date,
but the clock
(did you see the time of the clock?)
Their date is 9 o'clock.
But the clock showed 2.15.

2.15 is the time Titanic sank.
So, Rose is going back to that time when the Titanic sank 
to meet with Jack and everyone.

All she wants for her entire life is
do what she promised Jack 
and meet him when she dies.

And when Rose is saved,
the immigration officer asked her, Name?
she answered, 
Dawson,
Rose Dawson.
(Jack's name is Jack Dawson,
she named herself after Jack)
and live as Jack's wife.

No matter the story of
Jack and Rose


or the old couple



Titanic is a romantic and lovely movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment